Cadiz Courthouse Side View by Kathy K. McClellan is a photographic image created for Day 242 of the 365 Challenge (Journal 2022).
This southeastern side of the Harrison County Courthouse in Cadiz, Ohio (USA) is now being used as the main entrance to the courthouse. Cadiz is the county seat of Harrison County.
The courthouse was built between 1893-1895 by Joseph W. Yost. Many of Yost's designs mirror each other with their architectural features.
Arched windows, columns, a central clock tower and a statue of Justice at the very top are some of the same features on many of Yost's other buildings of that time.
The building's corners are partially separate structures with mansard roofs. The exterior is all stone.
The courthouse was listed on The National Register of Historic Places on July 18, 1974. Renovations were done in 1993 and included installing an elevator, replacing the roof, dome and stairs and other repairs.
August 30th, 2022
Viewed 86 Times - Last Visitor from Wilmington, DE on 02/18/2024 at 8:44 AM